Tuesday, January 14, 2014

LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHTS



My first thought for today.

When did a having three kids become a "large" family?
I think where we are now (maybe because I come from 5 children?) is a "normal sized" family.
6 or more is becoming a large family.
I personally know families with 8, 9, 10 and even 16 children.
More than one of each (except the 16).


Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
 ~Psalm 127:3

HAPPY is the man that has his quiver full of them!

 Isn't that what everyone ultimately wants?
Happiness?

My second thought for the day.

2013 brought some changes for us, in keeping with our big event(s) every year since 2003.

Re-cap:
2003:  I graduated college, got my first full time job teaching, started dating my husband
2004:  got engaged
2005:  got married
2006:  MJ arrived
2007:  Bean arrived
2008:  Bought a house, Mike got a new position at work
2009:  Missy arrived
2010:  My grandfather passed away, we got Heidi, Boogie arrived
2011:  Started Homeschooling, Switched our Church membership
2012:  J arrived, had our first PLANNED homebirth
2013:  Put up pool, Went on our first family camping trip, and Mike got a new position at work

Makes me wonder what 2014 holds.

Third Thought.

This past November, we started Speech Therapy with Boogie.
Just had his hearing tested last week.  
No issues, Praise God!
He talks a lot, but drops a lot of the beginning sounds and the longer the sentence--often the more garbled it gets.  He has come a long way to be sure.  I think he just needs a boost.
Funny thing is, we have the same therapist that worked with Michael.
This time we're going the private route, because he is too old for early intervention-- but she still comes to the house.


AAAANNDD..

I lost my train of thoughts...I started this last week.
Sorry, it happens.
Talk to you soon!




No comments: