Monday, July 16, 2012

"CHRISTMAS" IN JUNE

There are some who are totally against finding out the gender of an unborn baby.
There are some that don't care either way.
There are some that MUST find out.

Let me preface. 
 We did not find out for baby #1 and baby #3. 
We did find out for baby #2 and #4.

Personally, I LOVE finding out.  
But!  It is not a necessity.  It is a convenience.
We have a small-ish house for our family size.
It definitely helps me to know which clothes I have to have out and washed--which room I need to have ready etc.
Plus, it is something to look forward to smack dab in the middle of the pregnancy!
Rather than waiting ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way till the end, it is like having a birthday gift!
Once you know the gender, you can start referring to him or her by  name (aloud or privately as your preference goes).

I've heard people say that during labor, if they don't know the gender, it helps them to focus on getting the baby out.  (Not that there is any way you could possibly keep a baby in!!! lol)  As for me, speaking with 4 labor and deliveries under my belt, I am totally NOT focused on whether or not the baby is a boy or girl.  It is almost an afterthought, actually.  Either way, we'll be happy with our blessing. 
So, without further ado: 

Here is a sneak peek of baby #5.


No comments: