Monday, July 16, 2012

ADVENTURES ON PROMISE ISLAND: A WEEK IN PICTURES.

Last week we had our VBS.
I taught the Pre-K/K class
with ages ranging from 3-6 years.
Our smallest class size was 8 and the largest was 12.

The theme of the program was God's promises.
Specifically promises from Isaiah 41:10, Philippians 4:19, 1 Peter 5:7, 1 John 5:14, and John 3:16.
We focused on a different promise every day with a Bible story to illustrate each one.
I think the kids had a good time, at least a couple of them wanted to come back this week!

Here are a few pictures.

Music with Miss Rianne.

My classroom at the end of the day.
 

Craft time!


Recreation!
The sword-tournaments were a big hit, especially with the boys.


.
 The hula hoops were huge with the girls.
We might need to invest in one for our house.


 A few of the kiddies after class was over




An activity to illustrate and help us remember the healing of the lame man.
It was Michael's birthday that day, hence the birthday hats.



 Another day of music and silly faces.



Snack.  
Mrs. S and her helpers made edible handcuffs to go along with the story of Paul and Silas in prison.


 A few more from in our classroom.


The closing program.
Everyone, including myself, wore the T-shirts we colored on Tuesday.


After the program, we enjoyed ice cream sundaes.

Yummy!

It was a busy week!  
We had to be up and out of the house by 8am-ish and usually didn't get home until after 1pm.
At that point we were all exhausted, so not much got done around the house.
A few things I would tweak for next year, but overall, I think it went well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacie!
I came across your blog while searching for pictures to use in a video I am making as an advertisement for VBS--Superstars for Jesus over at HastenHome.com. Is there any chance you'd be OK with letting me use the pictures included in your post, Adventures on Promise Island: A Week in Pictures, for that purpose? I am simply looking for pictures of children doing Vacation Bible School related activities. I would definitely credit you for the pictures, if you would like me to...

Thank you very much!

~Samantha Edeliant

P.S. You can email me at musicalmantha@gmail.com if you would prefer. I couldn't seem to find an email address for you on your blog.