Monday, April 30, 2012

SPRINKLE

I guess you've noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately.
I've been BUSY!!
I will try to do better, but honestly, priorities...right?

So, a couple of weeks ago, we threw a surprise Sprinkle for my sister and the soon to arrive little bundle of blue.
Now, please don't tell me that you don't know what a sprinkle is!
Seriously, I was AH-MAAZED at how many people had no idea..and here I thought it was common knowledge.  Ya know, its not a full-blown baby SHOWER like with a first baby, no registering or anything like that..most parents have all the BIG stuff already from baby #1..a Sprinkle is just a little party to welcome the second baby--IF that baby is of the opposite sex. 

 Sherilyn and Joe have already been blessed with a girl..three years ago..now they hope to welcome baby boy into the family.  And they don't have any boy things..namely clothes.  Got it?

We kept it small...I think we have 12 people invited and 9 came.  
Moms, Grandma's, Sisters (in-laws) and a couple of friends..
Oh and a couple of nieces to play with.  :)

My sister-in-law's birthday was actually that day and months ago she had asked if she could have the party at Sherilyn and Joe's house for various reasons that all made sense.

So, she was expecting a party that night..just not a Sprinkle!!
It worked out well.



It was decorated for a birthday party..the baby stuff was put up after we arrived.
 


Notice all the SPRINKLES on the cake  ;)
 

Snacks..


A toast..(with blue wine!  good job, Jamie!)


And being that it was Jamie and Sherilyn's mother-in-law's actual birthday..
we had birthday cake and sang for them.
Thanks for "giving up" your birthday evening for the festivities.

Birthday girls!


Rian filling out a sheet for her cousin's baby book..


Presents.


Victoria modelling her Grandma's glasses..
Brave, Mrs. Trimble!!  
lol



Happy Sprinkle!
Can't wait to meet little 'Chicken Joe!'

No comments: