Saturday, June 10, 2017

KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION


Would you believe that we don't have a single picture of Boogie in his cap and gown or any of us with him?!!  Totally dropped the ball on that one!  


In my defense, I was "in charge" of Kindergarten graduation--so I wasn't in the audience to even get a picture.  I was helping them line up and handing out microphones and such.  We do have it all recorded though, so that is something.   The parents actually get to stand up with their child and say a little something (I made Mike talk!) and then the graduates gave their mothers each a rose.  They sang two songs that we had been practicing for a couple of weeks and later got their certificates.

I don't put much stock in Kindergarten graduation, but it is a nice little milestone to celebrate.  The celebration of learning is a nice way to end the co-op year--we had a pizza dinner this year and then the closing ceremonies.  There is also a chance for the classes to display any work they did for parents and attendees to look at.  All students that attend the celebration of learning (it is not a mandatory thing) also get a certificate saying they have passed to the next grade.

For the 2017-2018 school year, I'll have a 6th, 5th, 3rd, 1st and PreK..possibly 2 PreKs.
Time flies!

No comments: