Friday, May 12, 2017

JUST SAY NO


We are finally starting to wind down our co-op year.
We did two co-ops for the 2016-2017 school year.
You would think after all the craziness, I would have learned my lesson, right?
Nope.

Here we are already looking forward to the 2017-2018 co-op year and I signed up for both again.
Not only did I sign up for both--I signed up for FULL DAYS at BOTH!
Not only did I sign up for full days, but I am teaching three classes and helping out in seven over the two days!!  Oops!  I need to edit that.  Since starting this post, I have taken on another class. 

This in addition to teaching at and taking care of our home, teaching Sunday School, trekking to 4-H club meetings and practices, sports, being on the playing rotation for church, Pioneer Girls and more.

I think I might have a problem over-committing myself.

It is for this reason that I really try to keep our days at home free of other influences.  They are too far and in between.  It is such a relief not to have to set the alarms in the morning and just let the day go as it will.  I think this is just a season for us, I won't be able to keep up with this kind of schedule (at least I hope I don't!).  I want the kids to find their niche and then we can focus on that particular area rather than having such a wide-spread concentration.  If our pregnancy had been able to progress, I would definitely not have taken on so much responsibility and probably not two co-ops, at least definitely not two full days.  Again, a season.  I'm also trying to keep our summer pretty open and not schedule much, key word here being "trying." It is amazing how much STUFF just clutters our lives.


This is my motivation.
If they lose interest in any of the above, I don't have a problem modifying our schedule.

Here is to raising happy, healthy, well-rounded, kind productive people.
And to learning to say "No" when the situation requires.

No comments: