Monday, December 5, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SILAS!

Remember that weird snowstorm in October? 
Yeah, the one that ended up being worse than Hurricane Irene, in terms of damage??
That one.
Yes, we were crazy enough to venture out in it. 
No, we didn't stay close to home either.
But how could I resist all those eyes pleading to go to a special friend's birthday party??
Several times I was tempted to turn around and just go home, but I kept hearing the chorus of "you can do it!" from my backseat.
So, we braved the storm.
This was a picture from when we left the house.
I don't have an after shot.
But I will tell you it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home.
Normally it is about 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic.

The things I do for my children.


It was Silas' 5th birthday party after all. 
 They had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.
Pinata time!




I wasn't the only lunatic, you'll see.
They had a pretty good turnout.





Travis was too little to take a swing..but he enjoyed himself anyway.




Then there was a variation of the pin-the-tail on the donkey game.
I forget what you had to pin on what.






Firetruck!!
A recurring theme.




Time for cake!


Birthday boy!


Enjoying some cake...



..and the spoils from the pinata!


We left shortly after cake..
Thanks for having us and we hope you had a great birthday, Silas!


No comments: