Monday, June 13, 2011

YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE

Let me begin by saying that Mike is a camper.  He was a boy scout and has gone on camping trips for a good portion of his life.  He has always looked forward to taking his kids camping.

Me?  Not so much.  I prefer to have running water and a shower where I don't have to wear my shoes...sleeping in a sleeping bag..on the ground?  It just doesn't sound like much fun.  Plus, you have to lug all the stuff to the site..set it all up..cook..and clean it all up--without the help of any modern gadgets.  It just all seems like way too much work to be called fun.  And bugs.  Ugh.  Need I say more??

However! I have always said that I would be willing to go camping..once we have no diapers to deal with.  I concede that the kids will have fun..aaaaand, if we all pitch in, it probably won't be too terrible. ;)

So, as my title states--you have to start somewhere.
(we're down to one in diapers at this point in time)
Somewhere being the backyard.
The past couple of Friday nights, we've lit a fire and cooked hot dogs, corn, and roasted marshmallows..the kids love it.

Mike loves it too.


These are huge marshmallows!
Campfire style!


Corn on the cob!




Star-gazing!


Someone is tired!!


I'll go camping.
As long as we can even it out and hit the resorts every once in awhile too.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some year soon we will be seeing you all at Raquette Lake!