Thursday, April 1, 2010

SPRING RAMBLINGS

Tulips are one of my favorite flower.

I actually wanted to have tulips in my wedding bouquet.

However, being that we got married in October, tulips were not in season and much too expensive.

They are a sure sign of spring.


(Thanks to Nena & Popi for the tulips!!)

After all the rain I am surely looking forward to the sunshine.

"God of wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy,holy
the universe declares Your majesty"
~Third Day
.
.
.
"If we're ever gonna see a rainbow,
We have to stand a little rain"
~Nitty Gritty Dirt Band


On the subject of music,
You would probably think by a lot of the songs on my playlist,
that I am a big fan of ccm or contemporary christian music.
I'm not.
I don't listen to 99.1 or anything like it.
Neither do I listen to 94.7.
(for those of you familiar with those fm radio stations)
I have a pretty wide taste in music.
I mostly listen to cds.
Unfortunately talk radio does not come in at our house
and with the kids, I don't often get a chance to listen to it.
Though when I was working full time and even in the apartment,
I listened to talk radio all the time.
I miss that.

Anyway, I think music is unique--in that there is something out there that speaks
to every mood or frame of mind you could possibly be in.
Its another language.
With or without words,
music has a power to touch.

(which is a good reason to also be careful what you listen to)

Okay, thats enough for now.

1 comment:

Nicolette said...

like your thoughts on music...