Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BOOKS

I got my first book from BookSneeze.
So in the following days, maybe next week..maybe longer--we'll see..
you will get to read my review of the book.
200 words.
(minimum)
Are you ready?
Can you handle it?
It'll be fun.

That is the deal. 
 I get a free book in return for reading it and writing up a review to post on my blog
and one other site.
Maybe along the way, you'll find something that you'd like to read.

I've always (well for as long as I can remember) been a big reader.
And I read fast.
When we were younger we used to frequent the library.
The librarians at the Dennis Library knew us.
We would come with bags (yes, bagS plural) to take home books.
There were 5 of us..that equals a lot of books.

I worked at a bookstore for many-a-moon during college up until Carina was born.
I think that is when I left.
They used to love it when my brothers came in.
We all spent quite a bit of time (not to mention $$) in the store.
Unfortunately, I don't get over that way too often anymore.
Or maybe it is fortunate.
For my wallet.
;)


I majored (er, double majored) in English Literature..
I read all sorts of things..

Books are my friends.
:)


And I am thankful that thus far, my kids feel the same way.
And we frequent the library--
We're not on first name basis (yet) but they pretty much all know us
and say hello.

One of my favorite authors, even after all these years, is L.M. Montgomery..
she wrote the Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon books and many more..
her writing is charming and poetic.
I think that I got the Anne series as a birthday present when I turned 9? 10?
Somewhere around there..
I have read them so many times.
And I still love them.

Do you have a favorite author?
I'm always on the lookout for someone new.

Back at Christmas time, I remember Michael saying that all he wanted to open...
was books!!!
Isn't that nice?
I was happy to hear that.

I'll tell you a secret,
Shhhh..
Mike has even begun to show an interest in books.
Slight..but definitely an interest.

Anyway, this has been a somewhat random post.
I just wanted to give you a heads up that in the near future you'll be seeing a book review.

In the meantime, pick up a book and enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you- I look forward to this