Tuesday, March 8, 2011

THIS.

This has been getting a lot of use lately.
For some odd reason,
I've been compelled to bake lately.
I mean, a lot.
Well, a lot more than I normally would.
A lot more than I have in the past 5 1/2 years of marriage.

My husband's place of business gets quite a good sized portion of the results.
He tells me that we have a "love-hate relationship."
They love that I send things in with him, but hate the extra weight gain (though I don't really think I've sent in THAT much!).
Really, why do you think I send it in with him?
I certainly don't need it with all my extra baby weight hanging on..
and hubby certainly doesn't need it with all his extra... uh, baby weight.. hanging on..and the kids can only eat so much.
I think I've been baking rather than cooking simply because I have most, if not all, of the ingredients necessary for the recipes..whereas for cooking, I always need to go purchase at least 3 or 4 ingredients  that I don't have in the house.  So it could get costly.
I like trying new things.
Two recipes I tried recently (independent of each other) that we didn't like..potato soup and balsamic chicken..
Some winners?

No Knead-Bread
Mini Nutella Cheesecake
Chewy Brownie Bundt Cake
French Toast Casserole
Layers of Love Chocolate Brownies
Skadoodlhoppers
Dream Bars
Homemade Girl Scout Cookies--Samoas (of course!!)
Coconut Cream Pie
Roast Pork and Vegetable Stew
Buttery Dinner Rolls
French Crumb Apple Pie
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Impossible Coconut Pie
etc..

They are all easy and tasty.
The verdict is still out on the Meatball Casserole.  I think I went a little too heavy on the garlic..

I got most of the recipes at various food blogs or other sites, so if anyone is interested in trying any, I can add some links at another time.

A few that are on my "To Try" list:
(you are warned LandRover)

Apple Cider Donuts
Sweet Potato Soup
"Better than Beep Brownies"
One Pan Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

Any simple, yummy recipes on your table tonight??

No comments: