Thursday, October 26, 2017

CO-OP




One co-op morning.

We leave on Thursdays around 8am and on Fridays around 8:20am.
These are two very full days, both for the kids and for myself. 
On Thursdays, they are taking come classes such as Science Sleuths, Kitchen Explorers, Literature Pockets, Colonial Lapbook, Gym, Little House, Earth Science and so much more. I am teaching 3 out of 4 hours and am a helper for the other hour.  I had signed up the two littles for their own classes, but it turns out that they aren't quite ready yet..so I have tagalongs.  I am an aide in one of their classes and I teach another for PreK4-1st grade--so they are fine there.  However, I also teach two upper elementary classes and they have taken to hanging out in my room.

Fridays, I am teaching two out of six hours and am the "home mom" for the other four.  Here the kids take classes such as piano, violin, general art, pottery, dance, choir, basic drawing, science explorers, tinkerlab and acting--again, among others.

So far, it is working.  I am praying we (I) don't experience any burnout before the year is through.

No comments: