Friday, July 15, 2016

STEPPING OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE


This summer, a friend of mine invited me to a Bible Study with a group of women from her home church.  I had been tossing around the idea of getting together with some ladies for the summer anyway, so I said sure (and asked my sister-in-law if she wanted to attend as well). 
I was not quite sure what I was getting into, but figured I'd go and see what it was all about.  I knew a couple of the other women from other activities and what not.
I had never heard of the author of the book they were studying and don't necessarily agree with everything that their church teaches--however!
I must say, it has been a wonderful experience.  These are truly sisters-in-Christ and it was such a nice study.  I love how open they all are about sharing things and how very real their faith is, something that in my circles, is not so forth-coming.


This is the book we finished up last week.
I would recommend it as a group or personal study.
It goes through the Lord's Prayer.

I just wanted to say, that sometimes stepping out of the comfort zone can lead to huge blessings.
Just like this Bible Study.  I am so glad that I was led to it and I am sure I will miss it when summer draws to a close.  We started a new book this week, but unfortunately, we have been sick and I missed this week. Studying and discussing with these dynamic ladies has been a blessing and as someone near and dear has said and I heartily concur--it makes me realize how truly blessed I have been to be raised in a Christian home and in the Reformed faith.

No comments: